- Setting up options
- Verification of client sources for a workspace or multiple workspaces at a client site
Deployment also includes the following prerequisite resources:
- Hardware – application (file) server, database server and one or more PCs or laptops that contain the EA client software.
- Software – Database (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server), Enterprise Analyzer (modules will depend upon sales contract), and License Control mechanism (depends upon EA version level and sales contract).
- Project sponsors – ensure management support of requirements
- Project manager – to ensure adherence to schedule and budget
- DBA (if not using SQL Server Express install) – initial schema create and ongoing database maintenance including backups, monitoring and database tuning as needed
- Server Administrator / Security (server software installation and security access)
- Configuration Management resources to provide the initial sources and assist in developing strategy for the ongoing identification and extraction of new and modified sources for the Production portion of the Batch Refresh Process
- Desktop support – initial software installation and ongoing software upgrades to user PCs and laptops
- Enterprise Analyzer Administrator – perform and / or assist in installation, configuration, error resolution and ongoing maintenance of EA Workspaces including logging software issues and the application of software releases and fixes
- Micro Focus consultant – assist client in the above activities
For more information, check out the latest Enterprise Analyzer documentation.